Saturday, May 21, 2011

Is it Rapture Time Yet?

   Just after 6:PM EDT,  I began looking for telltale signs of the rapture--perhaps the sight of unmanned SUVs careening  out of control---or empty green polyester pants suits crumpled up on the sidewalk.  But so far, I don't see much of that.   But then it suddenly occurred to me:   An observer in Iowa might not see the rapture.  Remember the line in Field of Dreams which asks:  "Is this heaven--no, it's Iowa!"   This would clearly imply that Iowa and heaven are one and the same place.   So righteous souls being raptured to heaven wouldn't even notice it if they were already in Iowa.  They'd just stay put.
    So if any of my many friends outside of Iowa observe a noticeable degree of rapture, please respond.   (Not that I imagine that righteous persons anywhere are so numerous that their immediate absence would make much difference. )

No comments:

Post a Comment