Saturday, September 12, 2015

Do Dreams Have a Meaning?

People have wondered since ancient times whether dreams have a meaning.  I never thought about it much because I rarely have dreams that I remember.  But last night's crisp Fall air was perfect for sleeping, and also for dreaming. I dreamed that I was wandering about a vast public plaza, and under my coat I was carrying a large leather pouch or purse, which seemed to contain a few tiny, cheap cameras, some old cassette tapes, and small fragments of scrap lead. I wanted to get rid of the bag, and I thought of throwing it in a trash can or in the river, but it dawned on me that it could possibly be traced back to me, and for some reason, this did not seem like a good idea. I was tired, and there was an alcove adjoining the plaza where they re-upolstered old furniture. It was nearly deserted, so I went in and sat down in an old overstuffed chair that was awaiting reupholstering. Other weary travelers, mostly hobos and derelicts I guess, were doing the same thing. I re-examined the leather pouch, and it now contained two small marionettes---the small gaudy, paper mache kind they make in Mexico to sell to tourists. Upon discovering the marionettes, I said, "Hmmm. Interesting." So that's as much of the dream as I remember. So, my friends---what do it mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment